UNDP's links with the research community are reflected in discussion papers, working papers, round tables, books and lecture series. These publications and initiatives, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the organization, are designed to take stock, analyze, and explore key academic and policy development issues.
Zhang, Yanchun, Nina Thelen and Aparna Rao. 2012. "Social Protection in Fiscal Stimulus Packages." In Caroline Harper, Nicola Jones, Ronald U. Mendoza, David Stewart and Erika Strand, eds., Children in Crisis: Seeking Child-sensitive Policy Responses. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
Business and Human Development in the Base of the Pyramid: Exploring Challenges and Opportunities with Market Heat Maps by Pablo Acosta, Namsuk Kim, Illana Melzer, Ronald U. Mendoza and Nina Thelen. Article published in Journal of World Business, Volume 46, Issue 1, Pages 50-60, January 2011.
- Trade-induced Learning and Industrial Catch-up by Ronald U. Mendoza. Article published in The Economic Journal, Volume 120, Issue 546, Pages F313-F350, August 2010.
- Overview: Economic Crises and Human Development by Pedro Conceição, Namsuk Kim, and Yanchun Zhang. Article published in Estudios Económicos, Volume 25, Issue 1, Pages 37-62, January-June 2010.
- Economic Crises, Health and Education in Jamaica by Namsuk Kim and Marta Serra-Garcia. Article published in Estudios Económicos, Volume 25, Issue 1, Pages 105-134, January-June 2010.
- From Revolution to Evolution: Charting the Main Features of Microfinance 2.0 by Ronald U. Mendoza and Brandon C. Vick. Article published in Perspectives on Global Development and Technology, Volume 9, Issues 3-4, Pages 545-580, 2010.
- Discounting in the Context of Climate Change Economics: The Policy Implication of Uncertainty and Global Asymmetries by Pedro Conceição and Yanchun Zhang. Article published in Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Volume 12, Numbers 1-2, Pages 31-57, June 2010.
Working Papers/ Discussion Papers
- Growth Asymmetries and Debt Threaten the Economic Recovery’s Sustainability by Heloisa Marone, June 2010.
- Official Development Assistance: The Status of Commitments, Projections for 2010, and Preliminary 2009 Figures by Nergis Gulasan, April 2010.
- Social Protection in Fiscal Stimulus Packages: Some Evidence by Yanchun Zhang, Nina Thelen and Aparna Rao, March 2010 (Note: this version replaces the version of September 2009).
- Economic Crises, Health and Education in Jamaica by Namsuk Kim and Marta Serra-Garcia, January 2010.
- Climate Change and Development: Interlinked Challenges and Opportunities by Yanchun Zhang, December 2009.
- Governance Arrangements for Global Economic Challenges: Where Do We Stand? A Political Science Perspective by Thierry Soret, November 2009.
See more research papers
The New Public Finance: Responding to Global Challenges
Providing Global Public Goods: Managing Globalization
Global Public Goods: International Cooperation in the 21st Century
|A follow-up to the two preceding volumes, The New Public Finance has a more specific focus on new policy approaches and instruments for financing international cooperation. Read full summary
||Providing Global Public Goods advances the globalization debate on three fronts: the concept of global public goods, how it matters to the poor and developing countries, and the operationalization of the concept. Read full summary
||Providing impetus and recognition for global public goods, Global Public Goods has opened up avenues for further dialogue and action among Northern and Southern governments and policy-makers. Read full summary
|Edited by Inge Kaul and Pedro Conceição, Oxford University Press, 2006
||Edited by Inge Kaul, Pedro Conceição, Katell Le Goulven and Ronald U. Mendoza, Oxford University Press, 2003
||Edited by Inge Kaul, Isabelle Grunberg and Marc Stern, Oxford University Press, 1999